Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data

От Mitu Verma
Тема Re: Populating missing dates in postgresql data
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

We have a customer complaining about the time taken by one of the application scripts while deleting older data from the log tables.

During the deletion, customer reported that he often sees the below error and because of which table size doesn’t reduce.

ERROR: canceling autovacuum task

Date: 2015-03-14 04:29:19

Context: automatic analyze of table "fm_db_Server3.mmsuper.audittraillogentry"

We have the following queries in this regard:

-          How often is the autovacuum task invoked by postgres

-          If the task gets cancelled (while we were deleting data from the database) would this task be re-invoked at a later time?

-          If insertion of data into a table also impact this task?

-          If we can manually schedule this task to a particular time (like off peak hours)?

Regards

Mitu