Issue with functions in Rule

От Hakan Kocaman
Тема Issue with functions in Rule
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Folks,

first i want to apologize for my bad english :~)
we got here apparntly 2 issues with the above mentioned functionality:

1.    I want to use functions with composite types as parameters,
    which is no deal on our current production server(postgres 7.4.3)
    but don't work on our upcoming production server(8.0.3).
    A sample function is attached.
    The function uses a composite type from a view, which declaration
    is alos attached.
    In this thread it is mentioned as a bug:
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-08/msg00153.php
    The question is if it's fixed in 8.0.4 or 8.1.

2.     Using the mentioned function in a rule on the mentioned view
    clashs on the fact, that we don't find a appropriate way for the syntax.
    The rule is also attached.

Also attached is the create statement for the base_table tblprodukte.

I know this looks all very denormalized... hmmm... and in fact it is for reasons
i can't describe in short terms, so please overlook this uglyness.

If anyone got a clue or pointer how this could be done, i would be very thankfull.

Best regards

Hakan Kocaman

Software-Developer
digame.de GmbH