Re: a common place for pl/perlu modules

От Alexey Klyukin
Тема Re: a common place for pl/perlu modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 11, 2010, at 6:24 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Alexey Klyukin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When developing pl/perlu functions common definitions and methods are often stored in external .pm modules. During
deploymentthe modules should be installed somewhere in @INC to be reachable by the perl interpreter. However,
installingthe modules to a location outside of the PG installation makes it hard to have a consistent environment when
runningmultiple PG versions on the same host. What do you think about defining a canonical place for pl/perlu .pm
modules(i.e. PKGLIBDIR) and adding this location to @INC during the interpreter initialization ? Another idea is to
allowa user to specify such location by adding a new custom GUC variable.

> Why won't setting this in the new on_perl_init setting work? It's even included in to documented examples using the
standardlib module: <http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/plperl-under-the-hood.html#PLPERL-CONFIG>

The lack of support for SPI functions makes this hardly an adequate solution. I do have both modules and SPI calls in
severalpl/perlu functions.

--
Alexey Klyukin                    http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc