Re: Sourceforge PG crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sourceforge PG crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Perdue <tim@sourceforge.net> writes:
> Actually it was beta6 that wigged out and wouldn't start up again.

> This is from the PG server log:

> The Data Base System is starting up
> DEBUG:  ReadRecord: invalid magic number 0000 in logfile 49 seg 121 off
> 9666560
> DEBUG:  redo done at (49, 2039709660)
> FATAL 2:  XLogWrite: write request is past end of log
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 577 exited with status 512 -
> abort

This looks like the problem Vadim found and fixed between RC2 and RC3
(restart after crash would fail if next xlog write point was just at a
page boundary).

> The biggest mistake we've ever made was upgrading from our very very
> happy November 17 pre-beta CVS snapshot to B6 - it was just a nitemare
> that hosed literally several times a day until it finally conked out
> the other day.

AFAIR we didn't hear a word from you about problems --- you really
should have let us know about these crashes...

> 7.1 released seems very happy so far on our linux 2.4 kernel.

Glad to hear it.  Please do report any further problems you see.