Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Anton <anton200@gmail.com> writes:
> I want ask about problem with partioned tables (it was discussed some
> time ago, see below). Is it fixed somehow in 8.2.5 ?

No.  The patch you mention never was considered at all, since it
consisted of a selective quote from Greenplum source code.  It would
not even compile in community Postgres, because it adds calls to half a
dozen Greenplum routines that we've never seen.  Not to mention that
the base of the diff is Greenplum proprietary code, so the patch itself
wouldn't even apply successfully.

As to whether it would work if we had the full story ... well, not
having the full story, I don't want to opine.