Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice  (Evgeny Morozov <postgresql3@realityexists.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2023-04-13 at 19:07 +0000, Evgeny Morozov wrote:
> On 13/04/2023 5:02 pm, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > It means that if the error is caused by a faulty disk changing your data,
> > you'll notice as soon as you touch the page.
> >
> > That would perhaps not have made a lot of difference in your case,
> > except that the error message would have been different and proof
> > that the disk was the problem.
>
> OK, but we had data checksums on the whole time. So that means that the
> disk was NOT the problem in our case?

Hmm, I am not certain.  The block was filled with zeros from your error
message, and I think such blocks don't trigger a checksum warning.
So if your disk replaces a valid block with zeros (filesystem check
after crash?), that could explain what you see.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe