Re: Large object loading stalls

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large object loading stalls
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Akinde <michael.akinde@met.no> writes:
> Anyway - the situation now is that just the loading process is hanging
> on the server, with an <IDLE> in transaction. But it is definitely the

What the stack traces seem to show is that both the client and the
server are waiting for each other to send some data.  Which means
somebody's bollixed the protocol.

In the past we've seen this type of thing caused by multithreaded
client programs in which more than one thread tried to use the same
PGconn object without adequate interlocking.  libpq itself does not
provide any threading guards --- if you want more than one thread
accessing a PGconn then it's up to you to use a mutex or something
to serialize them.  Is it possible this case applies here?

Сообщение: Re: where to divide application and database
Сообщение: Re: where to divide application and database