Re: opaque function not accepted (without error message)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: opaque function not accepted (without error message)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jules Alberts" <jules.alberts@arbodienst-limburg.nl> writes:
>> Note that the \df command does not show functions which return opaque.

> Thanks Peter, I didn't know that. Is there any reason why they are not
> shown?

The idea is to avoid cluttering the display with I/O functions for
datatypes, but I think it's overdoing it.  Sooner or later we're going
to subdivide "opaque" into a set of more crisply-defined
pseudo-datatypes, and maybe then we can make \df smarter about what
not to show.