Re: FATAL: postmaster became multithreaded during startup

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: FATAL: postmaster became multithreaded during startup
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 2021-12-08 at 03:53 +0000, Jose Diaz wrote:
Greetings,

I recently tried to create a Rails app and when I tried to create the database I got the following error message:

PG::ConnectionBad: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

After some checking on my computer and remembering a problem I had when I tried to use PGadmin last week I realized there was an error in the database.

After some research on the internet, I found that there was an error message on my log for the database that says:

FATAL:  postmaster became multithreaded during startup
HINT:  Set the LC_ALL environment variable to a valid

The output from my locale was

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

despite that, I tried the following commands to set up my local anyways

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

No success.

I added the following commands to both, my .bash_profile and .profile files

export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

No success.

I changed the language configuration of my mac to English, I set locale environment variables on startup on the terminal and added the following command to my .zshrc file

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Still no success.

I really don't know what's going on. I haven't changed any configuration. I had a previous version of PostgreSQL, but I didn't know which version I had. I updated it to version 13 as a possible solution found on the internet but still the same error.

Before this, it worked normally. It is the first I touch these settings because I seldom work on databases. I hope I provided enough info, this is as much detailed I can currently get. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

indicates that the locale values need to be set properly for the postgres user.