Re: Constraint Exclusion + Joins?

От Brandon Black
Тема Re: Constraint Exclusion + Joins?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Brandon Black" <blblack@gmail.com> writes:
> > I was wondering (for planning purposes) if anyone knew the status of
> > constraint exclusions moving up to query runtime and working for
> > joins.
>
> The latter, done; the former, not on the radar screen IMHO.

I didn't really care about the former, I was just under the impression
it had to happen first based on some old list posts on the subject.

I dug around in CVS to have a look for this, and I did eventually find
it (well, I found the corresponding docs patch that removed the note
about not working for joins).  I see it's in MAIN but not in
8_1_STABLE.  Does that mean it's headed for 8.2.x when that comes
about? (Sorry, I'm not terribly familiar with how you guys handle all
of this).

Thanks,
-- Brandon