Re: History question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: History question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> writes:
> IIRC Postgres started out with the same [but extended] query language as
> Ingres.
> So I think they are not completely unrelated.

QUEL and POSTQUEL are the two query languages in question, I believe.
Never having studied either, I have no clue how closely they are
related.

In any case, I'm pretty sure that Postgres was a completely new
implementation that used none of the Ingres code.  The no-overwrite
storage management scheme was definitely a new concept in Postgres.