Re: recent (just got from cvs) build doesn't run nicely

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: recent (just got from cvs) build doesn't run nicely
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hubert depesz Lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.pl> writes:
> i just got newest checkout from cvs.
> it builded fine.
> [but]
> initializing pg_depend... /home/pgdba/work/bin/initdb: line 716: 26438 Segmentation fault      "$PGPATH"/postgres
$PGSQL_OPTtemplate1 >/dev/null  <<EOF

If you were updating an existing CVS image, did you do a complete
rebuild?  (I always do "make distclean", then cvs update, then
reconfigure and rebuild from scratch when updating from CVS.)

If you did, but initdb still failed, it would be useful to see a stack
trace from the core dump.  (You probably need initdb -n to keep initdb
from removing the core dump...)