Re: pg_dump in windows

От James Kitambara
Тема Re: pg_dump in windows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Hello Ramasubramanian,

You don't have to worry about the password.
You need to enter the password of the person doing the backup.
One the password is provided the backup is executed.

I think that anyone executing the pg_dump must be a Super user.

Best Regards,

James Kitambara.

------------------------------------------------ORGINAL MESSAGE--------------------------------------------------
--- On Fri, 19/9/08, Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian.g@renaissance-it.com> wrote:
From: Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian.g@renaissance-it.com>
Subject: [SQL] pg_dump in windows
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Date: Friday, 19 September, 2008, 11:18 AM

HI all,
    I am facing a problem while taking a back up in windows. It is asking for a password while using pg_dump. Why it is asking for a password ?(it is not asking password in linux)
Give some details about fe_sendauth in postgres .
How i can avoid asking password in windows shile taking backup?
Thanks and Regards,
Ramasubramanian.G|Software Engineer - Delivery
E-mail:ramasubramanian.g@renaissance-it.com | Extn: 1607
Sobha Renaissance Information Technology (P) Ltd.
An SEI-CMM, P-CMM & SSE-CMM Level 5 Company
BS ISO/IEC 27001:2005 & ISO 9001:2000 Certified

A Top 50 Fast Growing Technology Company (Deloitte, 2006 & 2007) |
A Six Sigma Practice Company
Phone: + 91 80 41951999 |
Fax: + 91 80 41523300 A Top 50 Fast Growing Technology Company (Deloitte, 2006 & 2007) |
A Six Sigma Practice Company
Phone: + 91 80 41951999 |
Fax: + 91 80 41523300

Video Conference: + 91 80 41252222
?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_connect() in PHP
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_connect() in PHP