Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> While I sympathize with Noah's sentiments, the only thing that makes sense to me is that a JSON text field is treated
thesame way as we treat text. Right now, that means NUL is not allowed, period.

> If no one has bitched about this with text, is it really that big a problem with JSON?

Oh, people have bitched about it all right ;-).  But I think your real
question is how many applications find that restriction to be fatal.
The answer clearly is "not a lot" for text, and I don't see why the
answer would be different for JSON.

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Make hba available to client code