Re: limiting query time and/or RAM

От Alan McKay
Тема Re: limiting query time and/or RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm gonna make a SWAG that you've got 4 to 4.5G shared buffers, and if
> you subract that from DRS you'll find it's using a few hundred to
> several hundred megs.  still a lot, but not in the 4G range you're
> expecting.  What does top say about this?

I've just add this in my cronjob with "top -b -n 1 -u postgres".
Hopefully I won't let you know tomorrow :-)

listen_addresses = '*'       # what IP address(es) to listen on;
port = 5432                     # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 350           # (change requires restart)
shared_buffers = 500MB          # min 128kB or max_connections*16kB
work_mem = 2MB                  # min 64kB
maintenance_work_mem = 128MB    # min 1MB
max_fsm_pages = 153600          # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each
fsync = on                      # turns forced synchronization on or off
wal_sync_method = fsync      # the default is the first option
full_page_writes = on           # recover from partial page writes
wal_buffers = 1MB               # min 32kB
commit_delay = 0                # range 0-100000, in microseconds
checkpoint_segments = 16        # in logfile segments, min 1, 16MB each
archive_mode = on               # allows archiving to be done
archive_command = 'test ! -f /data/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f.gz && cp
%p  /var/lib/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f'  # command to use to archive a
logfile segment
archive_timeout = 0          # force a logfile segment switch after this
effective_cache_size = 10GB
default_statistics_target = 100      # range 1-1000
logging_collector = on       # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog
log_directory = 'pg_log'        # directory where log files are written,
log_connections = off
log_disconnections = off
log_hostname = off
log_line_prefix = '%t:%u@%r:%p'         # special values:
autovacuum = off                # Enable autovacuum subprocess?  'on'
search_path = '"$user",public,quant001,dbprc001,price001,instrument001,client001'
              # schema names
vacuum_freeze_min_age = 1000000000
datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
lc_messages = 'en_US.utf8'           # locale for system error message
lc_monetary = 'en_US.utf8'           # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'en_US.utf8'            # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'en_US.utf8'               # locale for time formatting
default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'
custom_variable_classes = 'olap'
olap.rownum_name = 'default'