Re: PG connections going to 'waiting'

От Alan McKay
Тема Re: PG connections going to 'waiting'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, looks like the time window is exactly when we run vacuum.   That
has been running now for a couple of months no problem, but the last 2
weekends we've been doing massive data loads which could be
complicating things.

Is vacuum a good candidate for what could be locking up the tables?

Here is the script that is running :

---snip---
#Initialize the variables

yesterday=`date -d "yesterday" +%Y-%m-%d`
for db in `psql -t -A -d template1 -c "select datname from
pg_database"`; do /opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/vacuumdb --analyze --full
$db ; done

#Mail wal backup log to admin group
mail -s " Vacuum log on pgprd01 " admin@example.com <
/home/postgres/vacuum/vacuum.log

#Move the wal_log_backup.log to the yesterday folder
mkdir /home/postgres/vacuum/$yesterday/
mv /home/postgres/vacuum/vacuum.log
/home/postgres/vacuum/$yesterday/$yesterday_vacuum.log