Re: Upcoming re-releases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upcoming re-releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> These no real way around this. The only real option would be moving to
> a home directory but that would require knowing the username the server
> is running under...

And the problem would still exist, with even less chance of solution,
for TCP connections which are probably the majority of real-world usage.
If you're concerned about this sort of attack I think it has to be
solved in the protocol, not by reliance on socket placement.

I'm not sure whether our current SSL support does a good job of this
--- I think it only tries to check whether the server presents a
valid certificate, not which cert it is.  Possibly Kerberos does more,
but I dunno a thing about that...