Re: large numbers of inserts out of memory strategy

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: large numbers of inserts out of memory strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/28/2017 07:26 PM, Ted Toth wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> That is, most of the memory is allocated for SPI (2.4GB) and PL/pgSQL
>> procedure (500MB). How do you do the load? What libraries/drivers?
>>

> I'm doing the load with 'psql -f'. I using 9.6 el6 rpms on a Centos VM
> I downloaded from the postgres repo.

So what does the script actually do? Because psql certainly is not
running pl/pgsql procedures on it's own. We need to understand why
you're getting OOM in the first place - just inserts alone should not
cause failures like that. Please show us more detailed explanation of
what the load actually does, so that we can try reproducing it.

regards