Re: Add support for logging the current role

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add support for logging the current role
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Yeah, I thought what was supposed to be emitted was the value of
>> current_user, not SQL's weird definition of what SET ROLE means.

> current_user uses GetUserNameFromId() and goes through the cache lookups
> to get there.  I was using what show_role() returns (which is also what
> 'show role;' returns).  I'd be happy to make it emit an empty string
> when 'none' is returned though.

Well, that just doesn't seem useful to me in the real world.  If I were
using this, I would expect it to emit a real user name that matches the
currently applied permissions checking.  All the time.  "show role" does
what it does because the SQL standard says so, not because anybody
outside the standards committee thinks that's a sane definition.