Re: WAL format changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL format changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So I think we should change pg_resetxlog -l option to take a WAL file
> name as argument, and fix pg_upgrade accordingly.

Seems reasonable I guess.  It's really specifying a starting WAL
location, but only to file granularity, so treating the argument as a
file name is sort of a type cheat but seems convenient.

If we do it that way, we'd better validate that the argument is a legal
WAL file name, so as to catch any cases where somebody tries to do it
old-style.

BTW, does pg_resetxlog's logic for setting the default -l value (from
scanning pg_xlog to find the largest existing file name) still work?