Re: warning to publication created and wal_level is not set to logical

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: warning to publication created and wal_level is not set to logical
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> New status: Ready for Committer.  If nobody wants to bikeshed the
> wording or other details, I will commit this tomorrow.

Hm, so:

1.

+            errmsg("insufficient wal_level to publish logical changes"),

Might read better as "wal_level is insufficient to publish logical changes"?

2.

+            errhint("Set wal_level to logical before creating subscriptions")));

This definitely is not per style guidelines, needs a trailing period.

3. AFAICS, the proposed test case changes will cause the core regression
tests to fail if wal_level is not replica.  This is not true today ---
they pass regardless of wal_level --- and I object in the strongest terms
to making it otherwise.

I'm not really convinced that we need regression tests for this change at
all, but if we do, put them in one of the TAP replication test suites,
which already depend on wal_level being set to something in particular.