Re: postgresql performace degrading after a while

От Ron Marom
Тема Re: postgresql performace degrading after a while
Дата
Re: postgresql performace degrading after a while  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: postgresql performace degrading after a while  (Rick Gigger <rick@alpinenetworking.com>)
Список pgsql-general
First of all thanks for you quick and efficient response.

Indeed I forgot to mention that I AM vacuuming the database using a
daemon every few hours; however this seems not to be the issue this
time, as when the CPU consumptions went up I tried to vacuum manually
and this seemed to take no affect.

As for the version, I am aware of the most recent versions and the next
version of the application will be certified with postgresql 8.1.x,
however the behavior I mentioned occurred on a live site in which making
changes is not simple. I will do it if I have no choice but I would be
happy if there is any workaround to hold the server for a while until
the ordinary upgrade occurs.

Thanks again.