[GENERAL] upsert and update filtering

От armand pirvu
Тема [GENERAL] upsert and update filtering
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

create table dimc1
(
col1 integer not null,
col2 char(10),
primary key (col1)
);

create table dimc2
(
col1 integer not null,
col2 char(10),
primary key (col1)
);

testdb=# select * from dimc1 order by 1;
 col1 |    col2
------+------------
  111 | foo111
  112 | foo112
(2 rows)

testdb=# select * from dimc2 order by 1;
 col1 |    col2
------+------------
  111 | foo111
  112 | foo122
  211 | foo211

In general it is my understanding it gows like this

insert into dimc1  select * from dimc2
on conflict (col1) do update
SET
col2 = EXCLUDED.col2
;

insert into dimc1  select * from dimc2
on conflict (col1) do update
SET
col2 = EXCLUDED.col2 returning *
;

So far so good

But what if in the conflict situation I want to performa the update ONLY if the record is different. The update seems
tohappen no matter what
In other words is there anyway I can filter the update to happen (based on the sample date) only for 112 since col2 is
different?

testdb=# select * from dimc1 order by 1;
 col1 |    col2
  112 | foo112

testdb=# select * from dimc2 order by 1;
 col1 |    col2
  112 | foo122

Thanks
Armand