Re: change regexp_substr first argument make tests more easier to understand.

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: change regexp_substr first argument make tests more easier to understand.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

If I understand correctly, the problem is that it's not clear which of
the 'abc' substrings is matched/returned by the function, right?

I wonder if this is a problem only for understanding the test, or if it
makes the tests a bit weaker. I mean, what if the function returns the
wrong substring? How would we know?

Also, if we tweak this, shouldn't we tweak also the regext_instr() calls
a bit earlier in the test script?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra