Re: Win32 GiST bug - more info

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Win32 GiST bug - more info
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Mark Cave-Ayland" <m.cave-ayland@webbased.co.uk> writes:
> Thanks for your reply. I found that I got a "better" backtrace by
> executing a couple of commands in the psql.exe session before creating
> the index. The improved backtrace was given below:

Ah, I think I know the problem: you haven't updated your code to conform
to the recently-revised API for GIST index support functions.  You need
to look at these diffs:

    * contrib/btree_gist/btree_common.c,
    contrib/btree_gist/btree_gist.h,
    contrib/btree_gist/btree_gist.sql.in,
    contrib/btree_gist/btree_num.c.in, contrib/btree_gist/btree_ts.c,
    contrib/cube/cube.c, contrib/cube/cube.sql.in,
    contrib/intarray/_int.sql.in, contrib/intarray/_int_gist.c,
    contrib/intarray/_intbig_gist.c, contrib/ltree/_ltree_gist.c,
    contrib/ltree/ltree.sql.in, contrib/ltree/ltree_gist.c,
    contrib/rtree_gist/rtree_gist.c,
    contrib/rtree_gist/rtree_gist.sql.in, contrib/seg/seg.c,
    contrib/seg/seg.sql.in, contrib/tsearch/gistidx.c,
    contrib/tsearch/tsearch.sql.in, contrib/tsearch2/gistidx.c,
    contrib/tsearch2/tsearch.sql.in, contrib/tsearch2/untsearch.sql.in,
    src/backend/access/gist/gist.c, src/include/access/gist.h: Cleanup
    vectors of GISTENTRY and eliminate problem with 64-bit
    strict-aligned boxes. Change interface to user-defined GiST support
    methods union and picksplit. Now instead of bytea struct it used
    special GistEntryVector structure.

There should be some discussion in the pgsql-hackers archives, too.

I think the direct cause of the crash is you're computing the wrong
number of elements in the passed GISTENTRY vector and iterating off the
end of the actually allocated vector.