Re: Exception Handling in C-Language Functions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Exception Handling in C-Language Functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
greg landrum <greg.landrum@gmail.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> text = DatumGetCString(DirectFunctionCall1(varcharout, text_datum));

> This form of dealing with arguments is interesting to learn about. Is
> there any documentation of this stuff or do I need to dive into the source?

The original motivation for this notation is discussed in
src/backend/utils/fmgr/README, and there's some basic docs in the
main SGML documentation.  Beyond that, looking at code that does
something close to what you want has always been the best guide ...