Re: [HACKERS] Foreign tables privileges not shown ininformation_schema.table_privileges

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Foreign tables privileges not shown ininformation_schema.table_privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/11/17 04:52, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>  On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Nicolas Thauvin
> <nicolas.thauvin@dalibo.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The information_schema.table_privileges view filters on regular tables
>> and views. Foreign tables are not shown in this view but they are in
>> other views of the information_schema like tables or column_privileges.
>>
>> Is it intentional? A patch is attached if not.
>
> The line was first added by 596652d6 and updated by 262e821d to
> include partitioned tables. Looks like we have forgot to add tables
> added in between i.e. foreign tables and materialized views.
> column_privileges doesn't have materialized views. Attached patch adds
> materialized views to column_privileges view along with your changes.

I see several neighboring issues here:

- Foreign tables privileges not shown in
information_schema.table_privileges -- That is an omission that should
be fixed.

- information_schema.tables shows table_type 'FOREIGN TABLE', but it
should be 'FOREIGN' per SQL standard.

- Materialized views not included.  I think that is an intentional
omission.  It's valid to reconsider, but it would be to be a separate
discussion.

I think I would fix #1 and #2 with back patches but no catversion change.