Re: Index on a NULL-value

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Index on a NULL-value
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Index on a NULL-value  (Tobias Brox, )
 Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Bruno Wolff III, )
  Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Bruno Wolff III, )
 Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Tobias Brox, )
  Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Bruno Wolff III, )
   Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Tobias Brox, )
    Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Greg Stark, )
     Re: Index on a NULL-value  (Tom Lane, )

Greg Stark <> writes:
> then it would be a candidate because the ORDER BY or the other > 0 make the
> index look relevant. But I don't think (again I'm not 100% sure) that the
> partial index WHERE clause is considered in picking which indexes to consider.

Nope, the partial index will be considered simply on the strength of its
predicate matching the WHERE clause.

Of course, if you can get some additional mileage by having the index
contents be useful, that's great --- but it's not necessary.