Re: Proposal: More portable way to support 64bit platforms

От Tsutomu Yamada
Тема Re: Proposal: More portable way to support 64bit platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:> On Friday 26 June 2009 12:07:24 Tsutomu Yamada wrote:> > Proposal: More
portableway to support 64bit platforms> >> > Short description:> >> > Current PostgreSQL implementation has some
portabilityissues to> > support 64bit platforms: pointer calculations using long is not> > portable, for example on
Windowsx64 platform. We propose to use> > intptr_t instead of long, which appears in in C99.> > This makes sense.  You
canalso review the archives for previous iterations of > this discussion (search for "intptr_t").

Yes, I have read through the discusion but it seems somewhat faded
out. This is because no platform other than Windows has 64bit
pointer issues IMO. I think using intptr_t is cleaner and will bring
more portability. Moreover it will solve Windows 64bit pointer issues,
I believe.
> You might want to add your patch to the next commit fest.

Yes, I would like to submit patches for the next commit fest.

--
Tsutomu Yamada
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan