Re: BBU still needed with SSD?

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: BBU still needed with SSD?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Yeb Havinga:

> The biggest drawback of 2 SSD's with supercap in hardware raid 1, is
> that if they are both new and of the same model/firmware, they'd
> probably reach the end of their write cycles at the same time, thereby
> failing simultaneously.

I thought so too, but I've got two Intel 320s (I suppose, the report
device model is "SSDSA2CT040G3") in a RAID 1 configuration, and after
about a month of testing, one is down to 89 on the media wearout
indicator, and the other is still at 96.  Both devices are
deteriorating, but one at a significantly faster rate.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99