Re: crash-safe visibility map, take three

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: crash-safe visibility map, take three
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Robert Haas:

> Those hint bit tests are a single machine instruction.  It's tough
> to beat that.  It's tough to get within two orders of magnitude.
> I'd like to, but I don't see how.

For some scans, it might be possible to hoist the checks out of inner
loops.  (At least in principle, I'm not sure how much that would
interfere with the executor architecture.)

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99