Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane:

> That makes absolutely zero sense.  The data coming from the disk was
> certainly not in processor cache to start with, and I hope you're not
> suggesting that it matters whether the *target* page of a memcpy was
> already in processor cache.  If the latter, it is not our bug to fix.

Uhm, if it's not in the cache, you typically need to evict some cache
lines to make room for the data, so I'd expect an indirect performance
hit.  I could be mistaken, though.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99

Сообщение: Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant
Сообщение: Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant