Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1

От mark
Тема Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, mark wrote:

this really clear! Thannks!!

This is the first time someone new to this has ever said that about checkpoint tuning, which is quite the victory for all of us who worked toward the 8.3 functional and monitoring improvements in this area. Please keep posting the results after each change, this will make a great example for others to follow.
with no clients connected to the database when I try to shutdown the database [to apply new settings], it says database cant be shutdown.. for a long time both in smart and normal mode... then i had to go to immediate mode to shut down.. but then when i start it again.. it goes into recovery mode and runs for a while..is this the long recover time you are talking about?
is there anyway I can work around this restarting the database problem?