Re: vacuum output question

От Dan Armbrust
Тема Re: vacuum output question
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> There was concurrent access to the table during VACUUMing, so the long
> delay is explainable as long waits for cleanup lock, plus probably
> thrashing the cache with bloated indexes. The CPU overhead per row seems
> OK. We should instrument the wait time during a VACUUM and report that
> also.
>
> --
>  Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.com
>  PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support

Is that a guess?  Or something you can tell from the log above?
Because there shouldn't have been any concurrent access while the
VACUUM was run - the customers had failed over to a different system,
so while I can't be sure, I expect that there was no other database
activity at the time the command was run.

Thanks,

Dan