Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
    Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Lew, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Florian Weimer, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Florian Weimer, )
    Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Robert Haas, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
> Whenever I try to create a new table "bbb" with foreign key pointing
> to "aaa". The operation locks, and reading "aaa" is not possible. The
> query also never seems to finish.

Do you mean that the ALTER query and subsequent queries are shown as
"waiting" in pg_stat_activity?  In this case, I'm also wondering why
this is inecessary.

--
Florian Weimer                <>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99