Re: Page Checksums

От jesper@krogh.cc
Тема Re: Page Checksums
Дата
Re: Page Checksums  (Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Robert Treat:
>
>> Would it be unfair to assert that people who want checksums but aren't
>> willing to pay the cost of running a filesystem that provides
>> checksums aren't going to be willing to make the cost/benefit trade
>> off that will be asked for? Yes, it is unfair of course, but it's
>> interesting how small the camp of those using checksummed filesystems
>> is.
>
> Don't checksumming file systems currently come bundled with other
> features you might not want (such as certain vendors)?

I would chip in and say that I would prefer sticking to well-known proved
filesystems like xfs/ext4 and let the application do the checksumming.

I dont forsee fully production-ready checksumming filesystems readily
available in the standard Linux distributions within a near future.

And yes, I would for sure turn such functionality on if it were present.

--
Jesper