Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On May 23, 2022, at 12:59 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 5/23/22 11:31, Rob Sargent wrote:
On 5/23/22 12:15, Tom Lane wrote:

pg_restore -f - db.dump | head

which should provide some comments telling you the originating
server version and pg_dump version.

regards, tom lane
OK, back to reality: version 10 dump.
The output of from head command is very different that Adrian shows but I'm still left giving pg_restore(14) a shot.  Getting older server will be challenging.

Different view of the information.

pg_restore -l has more detail, but all you are interested in is this:

-- Dumped from database version 14.2
-- Dumped by pg_dump version 14.2

anyway.

As to older version, how are you installing Postgres?

Much appreciated,
rjs

Yeah, that’s part of the problem.  I’m not installing postgres, another group has that control.  I can get the answer for version 14 but maybe not for version 10.  Currently these are “Rocky Linux” but the pg14 install could have been done on CentOS8.  CentOS<something> for version 10.  I’ll see if I can nail that down.

Сообщение: Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump
Сообщение: Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump