Errors building older versions of PostgreSQL

От Gregory Youngblood
Тема Errors building older versions of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've been going through some old backups, and found databases from
pgsql versions as old as 7.0 (7.0, 7.1, 7.3, and 7.4 to be precise).
I'm trying to build these older versions specifically so I can dump
the data and see what I want to keep and what I can erase.

7.3 and 7.4 appear to have built cleanly and easily (I'd expect that
for 7.4). However, 7.0 and 7.1 are giving me grief.

I'm building this on a fresh SuSE 9.3 system.

The 7.0 is being configured with:
./configure --prefix=/export/storage/PostgreSQL/7.0 --pgport=5433

It gets through most of the make process, but then at the point where
it starts creating files like GNUmakefile, it returns:
sed: file conftest.sl line 35: unterminated `s' command

The GNUmakefile is 0 bytes, and it says config.h is unchanged. I
forget how many files (or times) this message is generated, but the
end result is there's nothing to make.

Second problem, this time is for 7.1.

7.1 is configured with:
./configure --prefix=/export/storage/PostgreSQL/7.1 --pgport=5434

It doesn't get as far as 7.0, but it does get to:
Checking types of arguments for accept() . . .

where it then says:
Cannot determine argument types

and aborts the configure process.

I've found the 7.1 problem (but no solutions so far) in google when
building for Solaris 9.

I was hoping someone here could point me in a good direction to solve
these problems. I'd really like to extract the data from these older
databases. I don't need to get these fully running, just enough to
get pg_dump to work.

Thanks,
Greg