FW: [GENERAL] ODBC and Native error codes

От Andy Hallam
Тема FW: [GENERAL] ODBC and Native error codes
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiroshi Inoue [mailto:Inoue@tpf.co.jp]
Sent: 08 November 2001 00:59
To: Andy Hallam
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ODBC and Native error codes

Please post this to pgsql-odbc list.
Unfortunately PostgreSQL doesn't have error code
currently and so psqlodbc doesn't return any valid
Native error code.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Andy Hallam wrote:

> PostgreSQL - 7.1.3 (installed on Linux 2.4.2-2)
> PSQLODBC.DLL - 07.01.0007
> Visual C++ - 6.0
>
> PostgreSQL does not return the standard ANSI Native SQL number through
> SQLGetDiagRec().
>
> I.e
>
> 1) - Select from a table that does not exist.
>
> ANSI Native sql code is -208
> SQL SERVER returns -208
> DB2 returns -204
> ORACLE returns -942
> PostgreSQL returns -7
>
> 2) - Select a column that does not exist on a valid table.
>
> ANSI Native sql code is -207
> SQL SERVER returns -207
> DB2 returns -206
> ORACLE returns -904
> PostgreSQL returns -7
>
> 3) - Referential integrity violated.
>
> -547 = Reference or constraint violated
> -2627 = Primary key violated
> -2601 = Duplicate key row
> PostgreSQL returns -7 for all the above scenarios ?
>
> Infact, PostgreSQL only ever return -7 !!!
>
> OK - PostgreSQL (Like all the other Database vendors above) does return an
> informative string, but it should also return the correct Native ANSI SQL
> number.
>
> Anyone know of a way to retreive this Native SQL number?
>
> Andy
> ahm@exel.co.uk

> http://archives.postgresql.org

they are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel
Computer Systems plc. If you have received this email in error
please notify Customer Services on 0115 946 0101.