Re: pg_dump -F f

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump -F f
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com> writes:
> I notice in the pg_dump code that there is a demonstration version of
> dumping to multiple files ("-F f"). Is this a work in progress or was it
> abandoned for a good reason - and could it be used in a production
> environment? I ask because it would be really useful to me because I
> could do a differential backup of the dumped files.

It's undocumented and hasn't been maintained; I have no idea whether it
still works or not.  It'd probably be safer to use -Ft mode and then
expand the tar archive to individual files.  -Ft at least gets tested
on a reasonably regular basis.

Alternatively, you could go in and read and test the code... it does
seem like something that might be useful, if anyone were paying
attention to make sure it doesn't break.