Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* David Christensen:

> Currently, a session will look like the following:
>
>   machack:machack:5485=# show tables;
>   See:
>          \d
>          or \? for general help with psql commands
>   machack:machack:5485=#
>
> Said formatting looks like it could use some improvement, open to
> suggestions, but something on a single line seems more useful.

You should at least make clear that this is an error message due to an
unsupported command.  The output above looks broken.  Something like
this should be okay, I think:

ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "tables"
NOTICE: use \d to list tables, or \? for general help with psql commands

ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "databases"
NOTICE: use \l to list databases, or \? for general help with psql commands

(I hope that this is less controversial, too.)

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99