Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Hagen Finley:

> Yes but I couldn't input your second line - the ('ä,ß,ö') was not
> possible via the psql client - just got beeped when I tried to type or
> paste those characters.

If you start "cat" instead of "psql", can you enter those characters?
What about "python" or the shell itself? What terminal do you use?

This doesn't appear to be an issue with PostgreSQL as such, rather
something related to terminal configuration and perhaps readline.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99