Re: Query with large number of joins

От Marco Di Cesare
Тема Re: Query with large number of joins
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> You'd have to do both, I think, to get an exhaustive plan search.

>In any case, this query is going to result in full table scans of most of the tables, because there just aren't very
manyWHERE constraints; so >
>expecting it to run instantaneously is a pipe dream.  I'm not sure that there's a significantly better plan to be had.

>            regards, tom lane

I get that same feeling. Just wanted to be sure there was nothing obvious in terms of settings we might have missed.

The BI tool we use wants to load as much raw data as needed and then apply filters (where clauses) on top of that. The
numerousjoins support those filters and a good number of those joins are one-to-many tables causing a Cartesian
product.

Сообщение: Re: Query with large number of joins
Сообщение: Re: Query with large number of joins