Re: russian case-insensitive regexp search not working

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: russian case-insensitive regexp search not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:00:01PM +0400, alexander lunyov wrote:
>> I found this bug report:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-09/msg00065.php
>>
>> Is it about this issue?
> Yes.

>> And will it be fixed someday?
> Likely. In the meantime lower() can come to the rescue.

It's not nearly as easy to fix as the reporter of that bug imagines,
because we don't know the relationship between pg_wchar representation
and the wchar_t representation assumed by the <wctype.h> functions.

In the short term it should work if you can use a single-byte encoding
(koi8r I suppose) and a locale setting compatible with that.