Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

От Swaminathan Saikumar
Тема Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks everyone. After all the good things I heard about Postgres, I was surprised to see this article; and the point on storage concerned me.
I am glad to see that the article was wrong, not only on the storage engine count, but also on others.
Thanks for the feedback.

On 1/30/08, Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> wrote:

On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> If you don't get too much feed back on this subject, just remember
> that topics like this come up frequently to the point of list
> member exhaustion.   You can find such discussions if you search
> the list archive.

Too true.  There's only so many times people can be confronted with
"Defend yourselves!" before they start ignoring it.  On the flip
side, when you approach with "Tell me, what advantages does Postgres
have to offer?" you'll find many people all too willing to step up
with pride.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com