Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

От Swaminathan Saikumar
Тема Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Дата
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  (Peter Wilson <petew@yellowhawk.co.uk>)
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  (Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>)
Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm new to PostGreSql.

http://searchyourwebhost.com/web-hosting/articles/insight-database-hosting-using-sql

Check out the link. I am starting out on a new personal project & had zeroed in on PostGreSql with Mono-ASP.NET as ideal for my needs, mainly owing to a PostGreSql whitepaper.
Now, I chanced upon the article above. I've pasted the cons as mentioned in the article, and would like the community feedback on it, especially with regards to the "inferior Data Storage mechanism".

The cons of PostgreSql Hosting
* Performance considerations: Inserts and Updates into the PostgreSql database is much slower compared to MySql. PostgreSql hosting thus might slow down the display of the web page online.
* BSD license issues: Since PostgreSql comes under the Berkeley license scheme, this is again considered to be too open.
* Availability of inferior Data Storage mechanism: PostgreSql uses Postgres storage system, which is not considered to be transaction sae during PostgreSql hosting.
* Its not far-flung: While MySql hosting and MSSql hosting have deeply penetrated into the market, PostgreSql hosting still remains to be passive in the database hosting market.
* Non-availability of required assistance for PostgreSql hosting: Assistance is being provided via mailing lists. However there is no guarantee that the issue faced during PostgreSql hosting would be resolved.

Thanks!