Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4340: SECURITY: Is SSL Doing Anything?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Er, we don't *have* a verify_peer callback.
>>
>> Uh, the user reported running Postgres 7.3 and we have improved SSL
>> quite a bit since then so perhaps an upgrade and reading the current
>> docs would help the user.

> The code is identical in HEAD, according to a quick read I did last
> week.

Actually, I had missed that the OP was looking at 7.3 rather than 8.3.
There was a "verify_peer()" in 7.3 but it was #ifdef'd out.  The
question remains whether there's a reason to have it.  It would be good
if the discussion were based on a non-obsolete PG version ...