Re: [HACKERS] On markers of changed data

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] On markers of changed data
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] On markers of changed data  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom, Alvaro, Michael, and especially Septhen, thank you for your valuable comments.

I feel enlightened about mtime.
My takeaway is:
1. Any other marker would be better (It can be WAL scan during archiving, some new LSN-based mechanics* et c.)
2. mtime could be used, with precautions described by Stephen are taken.

But my other question still seems unanswered: can I use LSN logic for incrementing FSM and VM? Seems like most of the
timethere is valid LSN

* I like the idea of using something for both incr(diff) backups and VACUUM, it worth thinking about.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.