Re: (Perl) script to set up an instance for regression tests

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: (Perl) script to set up an instance for regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane:

> Florian Weimer <fweimer@bfk.de> writes:
>> For regression tests, I'd like to automatically set up a fresh
>> PostgreSQL instance.  Has anybody automated the task (initdb, setting
>> a password, choosing a port at random, starting the server, and after
>> running the tests, stopping the server and deleting all the
>> directories)?
>
> "make check"?

Ah, pg_regress.sh is indeed a good start.  Silly me.  Thanks.

>> $ fakeroot /usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/postgres -D . postgres
>> "root" execution of the PostgreSQL server is not permitted.
>> This is a major problem when autobuilding Debian packages. 8-(
>
> Surely you don't build random packages as root.

It's just fakeroot, a user-space emulation of UID=0, using pre-loaded
dynamic shared objects.  Although "fakeroot id -u" returns "0", you
cannot actually execute any operations that require privileges you
haven't got.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99