Re: Should 'sum(mvf)' read 'sum(mcv)'...?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should 'sum(mvf)' read 'sum(mcv)'...?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> I was inclined to spell it out as mcv_frequencies but we use xxx_freqs
> elsewhere on the same page so keeping it consistent seems better.  The attached
> does this as well as adding mcf/mcv as acronyms as previously mentioned (since
> they are both tagged as <acronym>).

mcv_freqs looks good.  I'd write the glossary entries as singular
(Most Common Frequency, Most Common Value) since our typical usage
is to pluralize them at the point of use ("MCVs").  Also, just
expanding the acronym doesn't seem that helpful.  Maybe more like

    MCF

    Most Common Frequency, that is the frequency associated
    with some Most Common Value

    MCV

    Most Common Value, one of the values appearing most often
    within a particular table column

Сообщение: Re: Should 'sum(mvf)' read 'sum(mcv)'...?
Сообщение: Re: Should 'sum(mvf)' read 'sum(mcv)'...?